3.11.2009

Eating Crow

Oh how the mighty have fallen (and it's only been one game). The preseason favorites to take the crown went down in a blaze of glorylessness last night in their season debut. Bench Coach Matt, after running his mouth (fingers is more like it),  was mightily embarrassed when the game ended 5-4 in favor of the other team. 

Well, I am going to chalk that one up to chemistry and a change of venue. I felt like a chicken with my head cut off last trying to get everyone "learn-ed" on the rules, the bats, their positions, etc. (this is why we show up to games early Luck Donkeys). We were really only a throwing error or two away from an easy win. Our bats should be back next week as well and I am gonna make a few changes in the positions and the batting order based on last night's game. 

Shake it off team. Next week, we play the Suck Dragon's in what will soon be known as the St. Patrick's Day Massacre (there I go running my fingers again). 

No comments:

Post a Comment