5.06.2010

Happy New Year...

This is my first (and maybe my only) blog of 2010 and it is the day after Cinco de Mayo. I was kind of thinking about things to write about so I decided to offer a few pieces of advice to anyone who is getting married in the near future regarding the dos and don'ts of planning a wedding.

1) Save-the-Date cards are retarded. They are a waste of money. You see, they have these things called invitations that people send out for other events like birthday parties, anniversaries, batmitzvahs, etc. that work perfectly fine when informing someone of a specific day on which you wish to celebrate something. I don't need to know a year in advance that you are getting married. Also, since most save-the-dates are usually pictures of the engaged couple, they can be quite narcissistic.

2) If given the option, hire an outside caterer. The hotel we had our wedding at required us to use their staff and let me tell you, the food was not the hit of the party.

3) Pay your DJ half up front and half after the wedding is done. A DJ can have all the credentials in the world and be as professional as can be before the wedding, but if he fucks up one song it can ruin a portion of your wedding. My wife and I spent weeks making a play list for our wedding. The asshole plays six songs off of it and then takes Black Eyed Peas' requests the rest of the night. Had I only given him half his money up front I would only be out half my money.

4) Do the wedding at a hotel if you can. It just makes it easier on the guests who like to party and it's fun to have everyone together. This weekend, I have to take a limo 30 miles to a wedding in the middle of nowhere with the nearest hotel being 10 miles away. Kinda sucks when you like to party.

5) ... I just realized as I started to write number five how gay this blog is. What am I a chick? I need to stop now. Next week I am going to write about something super manly.

1 comment: