7.27.2010

Somebody's Excited...


The NFL returns in a few short weeks and this little boy is extremely excited. Not only does the return of the NFL mark the return of Fantasy Football (Fairy Tail Football as my wife calls it), but it also marks a new development in my life. You are now reading the blog of a proud San Francisco 49ers' season ticket holder (just one).

I have been talking about getting a season ticket for about the last eight years and I finally pulled the trigger. We have a total of five in our group - two uncles, a cousin, and my pops. The view from our seats is pretty good (see above) and we are on the aisle which means less beer getting spilled on others and more getting spilled on me. Realistically, I'll probably make three out of seven games this season (don't forget about the London game before you tell me they play eight at home). I am happy with that. If it less of a pain in the ass than I think it's going to be, I'll attend more the following year. But for now, three is the magic number.

For sure, I know that I want to experience a Monday Night Football game. I can't imagine anything else compares (NFL-wise) to the energy of a MNF game. This year, the Niners host the Superbowl Champion Saints so it will be a great game to be at. The second game I know for sure I am going to is the Tampa Bay Bucs game. I have a friend who is a Bucs fan (by way of Plymouth, England) and he wants to hit it up. That game is going to be a shit-show.

What I am not sure about is the third game. I know for a fact I am not going anywhere near the Raiders game and we can make a killing by selling those tickets. I am pretty sure I want to go to a division game, but I am not sure anyone else from the NFC West is going to be any good this year. This leaves the Eagle's game which is a Sunday night game after the MNF game. That is a lot of late trips back from SF and will likely leave a bad taste in my mouth. However, the beauty of being s season ticket holder is that I don't have to decide right now. I can pick any of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment